Krishna Club has been running at Bhakivedanta Manor every week since 1994. It provides a balanced system of Krishna Conscious education for 6–16 year olds in a fun and informative way. The children learn the culture & philosophy in a caring and spiritual atmosphere.
Classes run from 10:00am – 12:00pm on Sundays
Krishna Club Mission
Bhagavad Gita 9.2
raja-vidya raja-guhyam pavitram idam uttamam
pratyaksavagamam dharmyam su-sukham kartum avyayam
This knowledge is the king of education, the most secret of all secrets. It is the purest knowledge, and because it gives direct perception of the self by realisation, it is perfection of religion. It is everlasting, and it is joyfully performed.
- The children of today will have the important role of preaching Sanatana Dharma in the future. Therefore, it is essential to equip them with a fundamental understanding of Krishna consciousness, the ‘King of Education’.
- Children need to have a strong sense of identity and this is accomplished in Krishna Club by teaching and enhancing their Vaishnava culture. It aims to develop each child’s full potential spiritually, morally and academically
Krishna Club Aims
- To increase understanding, awareness and practise of Krishna Consciousness through philosophy and culture prescribed by His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada.
- To provide a safe, caring and nurturing environment that attempts to motivate children to learn more about Lord Krishna.
- Encourage children to develop vaishnava qualities including respect, humility and appreciation of others within the Temple and outside of the Temple environment.
- Actively encourage parental participation through events providing opportunities to serve.
Prior to Krishna Club, there was a weekly Sunday School facility at Bhaktivedanta Manor led by various devotees.
In 1994, sisters Vasana-harini devi dasi and Syama-vallabha devi dasi formally accepted the service. They defined aims and objectives and established the name Krishna Club with the motto ‘Teach Krishna, Preach Krishna, Reach Krishna’ to reflect our unique purpose.
In the early days, there were only ten students. However attendance and popularity grew year by year. Krishna Club currently caters for nearly 80 pupils every Sunday and has served over 600 children.
for more details contact email@example.com