"Please come and sit down and hear about Krsna - sravanam. If you simply continue, if you do not do anything, I guarantee that if you simply come here and hear about Krsna, you will be liberated." (Srila Prabhupada on Bhagavad-gita, 4.23, Bombay April 12, 1974)
The Bhakti Shastri Course is suitable for devotees familiar with the practice of Krishna consciousness, desiring to study some of Srila Prabhupada’s key works in greater depth.
The course consists of a systematic study of four texts fundamental to the theology and philosophy of Krishna consciousness:
- Bhagavad-gita As It Is
- Nectar of Devotion
- Nectar of Instruction
- Sri Isopanisad
It is our ambition that devotees taking this course will experience a change in their Krishna consciousness, and an increased capability and qualification to serve Srila Prabhupada's mission. We have seen this happen to many hundreds of students over the past 8 years that the course has been running here at the Manor.
The course takes a personal approach to learning, and all sessions are interactive in nature. It encourages students not only to understand the contents of Srila Prabhupada's books but to also digest the philosophy and practically apply it to one's day-to-day life. Upon successful completion of the course, participants receive an official ISKCON Bhaktivedanta Manor Bhakti Shastri degree.
Mission of the Bhakti Shastri Course
Aim of the Bhakti Shastri Course
The 3 E's
- To give Krishna Consciousness according to individuals' ability, interest and level of commitment
- To help students to grasp the essence of the Gaudiya Vaisnava philosophy and to digest it thoroughly in order to be able to use it in their day-to-day lives.
- Enliven - To provide meaningful information on chosen topics and to connect with people in an appropriate way, giving them the confidence and understanding of the authentic scriptures and their relevance to spirituality today.
- Enrich - To contribute to quality of people’s lives and to dedicate ourselves to assisting them on their journey to self-healing, self-discovery and ultimately to their understanding of Krishna Consciousness
- Empower - To unable the practitioners to share their spiritual understandings with others and to offer them opportunities for a deeper commitment to Srila Prabhupada’s mission
It is recommended that students complete the "Explore" and "Gita Life" courses prior to undertaking the Bhakti Shastri course, to ensure that they have some foundational knowledge in the philosophy and practice of Krishna consciousness. You can find out more about these courses by clicking the relevant links on the right hand side of this page.
Every Sunday, September 2015 - November 2016
9.30am - 12.30pm
£275 (this includes all course materials)
For a general overview of scriptural courses at the Manor, please click here
You can sign up to this course by following the Paypal link below, or at the Manor reception. You will then receive e-mail confirmation of your place on the course.
For more information, please email email@example.com or click here
“Bhakti-Shastri actually means recognizing a person that he knows the principles of devotional service.” - Srila Prabhupada